Symptoms of Stress & Anxiety:
- Working all of the time, but never being done or feeling good enough
- An over-scheduled life, where you’re constantly running from one thing to the next
- Worry, “over thinking”, and difficulty “turning off” your thoughts
- Panic attacks
- Feeling like your life or emotions are out of control
- Perfectionist tendencies
- Difficulty with change
- Trouble sleeping or insomnia
- Physical health problems (back pain, stomach aches, headaches, high blood pressure, acid reflux) without any physical cause
- Feeling tired all the time
- Not making time for yourself
- Frequent self-criticism
- Feeling unappreciated
Does this sound familiar? The Bay Area is a fast paced and high achievement area. Both adults and children are suffering from the high expectations of their employers, schools, families, and themselves. Anxiety counseling can offer relief by providing a safe outlet to talk about your stress and worry. You will also develop de-stressing strategies to use when you feel anxious and to prevent spikes in anxiety.
Anxiety counseling San Jose provides effective anxiety therapy utilizing cognitive behavioral therapy, self-compassion, mindfulness, and positive psychology interventions.
For additional information about anxiety, you may wish to read my blog posts on the subject.