California Social Worker, Professional Counselor, Marriage Family Therapist Supervision
For more information, please visit www.socialworkcoaching.com
2017 UPDATE: I am not currently accepting new individual supervisees. At this time, I am only available to contract with organizations to provide supervision to their employees.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 20 years of experience in the field. I have been licensed in California since 1999. I provide clinical supervision to Bay Area ASW and MFTi candidates pursuing their license through the California BBS. I began supervising interns and associate social workers in 2004 at a large Santa Clara County non-profit. Since then, I have supervised over 40 pre- and post-master’s social workers and marriage and family therapists. I am currently employed part-time as a Clinical Supervisor at a local non-profit organization. I have completed all BBS required supervisor training and am familiar with completing BBS licensing paperwork.
Topics addressed in supervision:
- Diagnosing and DSM 5
- Assessment, MSE, Treatment Planning
- Clinical Interventions
- Transference and Counter-Transference
- Professional Development and Professional Goals
- Boundaries and Use of Self
- Risk Assessment
- Case Review
Supervisee Minimum Requirements:
- MSW or Master’s in Counseling (or equivalent)
- Registered ASW or MFTi with BBS
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Commitment to regular supervision
- Positive and growth-oriented attitude
- NASW or CAMFT membership (strongly recommended)
For additional information, you may wish to read my blog posts on supervision. If you are looking for ASW or MFT interns (MFTi) supervision, please feel free to contact me with any questions. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sharon Martin, LCSW
LCSW Supervision San Jose
Clinical Supervision in California