Codependency can be a confusing term! Have you ever wondered if you’re codependent? And if you are, where did it come from — and more importantly, how do you overcome it?
I was recently interviewed by Lourdes Viado, Ph.D., the host of the popular podcast Women In-Depth, all about codependency. The Women In-Depth podcast “…goes beneath the surface and takes a deeper look at relationships, motherhood, self-acceptance, authenticity, aging, healing, suffering, loss, and other areas connected to the emotional and psychological well-being of women.” I personally think it’s a very thought-provoking podcast, especially for those interested in understanding themselves and the human condition better.
My interview about codependency can be found in Episode 68 of Women In-Depth.
This episode covers:
- What codependency is (and what it isn’t)
- Signs and symptoms of codependency
- The causes of codependency including childhood trauma, childhood emotional neglect, and generational trauma
- Ways to recover from codependency
- The connection between codependency, control, and perfectionism
- The stigma of codependency and why codependency is so difficult to accept, understand and heal
Please click here to listen to Episode 68: Understanding & Healing Codependency with Sharon Martin, LCSW.
You can also subscribe to Women In-Depth in iTunes or Google Play.
Other resources for understanding codependency:
For more tips and articles, connect with me on Facebook and by email (below).
©2017 Sharon Martin, LCSW. All rights reserved.
Photo from @theboldchick on nappy.co