All counseling appointments are conducted via telehealth (otherwise know as online counseling, teletherapy, online therapy). Clients must reside in California due to state licensing laws.
$200 per session (50 minutes) of individual psychotherapy/counseling
Fees are collected at the time of service via a credit card. Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts can be used.
I am not contracted with any health insurance plans. Therefore, fees will be collected at the time of service and cannot be billed to your health insurance first.
If you have a PPO type plan, I am considered an out-of-network provider. With most PPO plans, I can submit a claim for you as a courtesy to help make it easier for you to obtain reimbursement. Your insurance plan will then reimburse you directly according to your benefits for outpatient mental health services. Please note that filing an insurance claim means that I need to assign you a mental health diagnosis.
Working independently of insurance, I don’t have to compromise on the quality of services that I provide to my clients. Together, you and I will make decisions about the amount and type of therapy that best fits your needs — rather than having your insurance company dictate what services you receive.
If you are not using health insurance, you are entitled to a “good faith estimate” explaining how much my services will cost. See the legal notice here.
You can use FSA or HSA funds to pay for therapy as it is generally an allowable medical expense.
It’s normal to feel ambivalent about starting therapy – about spending money on yourself and about confronting difficult feelings and issues. I want to help you create long-lasting changes; it’s not always easy, but it’s an investment in yourself!
In my experience, you will achieve the best results when you commit to meeting weekly for at least the first 4-6 weeks. After that, we can discuss whether your goals can be met by meeting less frequently.
I do not have availability for new clients. If you’d like a referral to one of my colleagues in the San Jose area, I’m happy to recommend someone via email.
I provide online counseling and psychotherapy to:
People of all gender identities and sexual orientations are welcome!
I specialize in counseling for:
- Anxiety (Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks, Social Anxiety)
- Stress and work-life balance
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Childhood Emotional Neglect
- Low Self-Esteem, self-worth, not feeling “good enough”
- Struggles with trust, intimacy, and allowing yourself to be vulnerable
- Substance Abuse (concerns about your own use or coping with a loved one’s addiction)
- Communication and Relationship Problems
- Coping with the end of a relationship (decision to separate or divorce, healing after divorce, grief)
- Parenting Issues (coping with parenting-related stress, the pressure to be a perfect parent, coping with your own childhood trauma as it relates to being a parent)
- Therapy for helping professionals
- Grief and Loss
- Pregnancy after a loss
- Infertility and Pregnancy Loss