Please note: I am no longer taking new clients.
Young Adult Counseling in San Jose
Older Teens, Millennials, and 20-Somethings
I provide online telehealth therapy/counseling for young adults aged 18 and up. I love working with older teens and young adults; this is an exciting time of life, full of transitions and emotional growth. Most of my teen and 20-something clients really benefit from having a positive adult (who isn’t their parent) to talk to.
- Managing stress
- Making healthy choices
- Balancing the pressures of high expectations
- Making decisions about school and career goals
- Communicating with parents and creating a peaceful family environment
- Increasing impulse control, considering consequences and make good decisions
- Confronting substance abuse and maintaining sobriety
- Navigating dating relationships and sexuality
- Improving school performance
- Processing grief
- Managing difficult emotions
- Adjusting to college and adult responsibilities
Parents of Young Adults:
Parents are still an important part of their older teenager’s life. In many cases, young adults still live at home or are dependent on their parents financially. If you’re concerned about your adult child, encourage him or her to give me a call. I am also happy to consult with parents if you are helping your child navigate the process of finding a therapist.